I am supposed to share a 60-90 second testimony of what God has done this year in college ministry. 60-90 seconds... haha! But here is what I got so far:
A year ago today, I was about to graduate from college with absolutely no idea of what to do or where to go next, so I prayed simply, "Here I am, clueless but willing." (Be careful with that prayer :)
3 months later, I packed my Jeep and headed to Wilmington to help "start a college ministry" at a campus I knew nothing about with people I didn't really know. Within the first week, I knew I was completely in over my head, but charged forward trusting where I was weak, tired, and completely inadequate, He is so strong, and He has been so amazingly faithful.
As I look around this room, I'm in awe of the things God has done this year - just the fact that you are here is such a testimony to God's faithfulness, but you haven't just filled a seat on Sunday morning. I have watched you grow so much in the Word and being doers of the Word, in obedience and humility, in reaching out and loving those around you, in fellowship and building a community to go onto campus and battle alongside one another. We have seen lives changed, by His amazing grace. What an incredible honor and priviledge it has been to be a part of this... He truly does do much more than we can possibly think or imagine.
And with that, for those of you who don't know, I will be going to the University of Florida this fall. I hate the thought of leaving, but I am SO excited to see what God does through each of you and with this ministry next year - so keep running hard, throwing everything else aside, eyes fixed on Jesus, our Lord and Savior!
No comments:
Post a Comment