Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Prayer Support Letter

Dear Friends,
I hope this letter finds you doing well and trusting in the sovereignty and goodness of our Lord and Savior. It has been an absolutely incredible year for me in college ministry in Wilmington, NC with Crossway Chapel as well as serving the church plant here. As the semester winds down and we look back over this year, I am overwhelmed by God’s faithfulness in bringing us students and how they have grown and matured this year. It is neat how God has used me and allowed me to be apart of what His work here. I will be moving again to begin physical therapy school this fall at the University of Florida, but before that, I am excited to have the opportunity to return to the Czech Republic for a third time this summer from July 15th through August 7th with a team from Mountain View.

We will once again be helping with an English camp for high school students as well as serving the church body there, called Majak or Lighthouse Church in Vsetin, CZ. Mountain View has partnered with this church, and two of the ways they reach out into their community is through sports camps and through teaching English. Every summer, they host week long English camps for middle and high schoolers and bring native speakers to help teach. Each night, we do a spiritual program that builds throughout the week and culminates in a gospel presentation on the last night.

This year we will be there for two and a half weeks, helping with one camp and then spending time serving the church plant. Last year, we had 4 people accept Christ during the time we were at camp; 2 of them had been to our camps the previous summer. It was so encouraging for me to see fruit from the previous year, and I pray God will use my returning once again to continue to build these relationships and ultimately bring people to Himself as well as encourage our brothers and sisters in the Czech Republic. I also have a unique opportunity this year to stay an extra week on my own helping the church plant with outreach project as well as a sports camp!

During camp, I will once again be in charge of an English class. This small group of people I will spend three hours per day in English class with, in addition to about an hour and a half of discussion on the spiritual lessons of the day. I ask for you to be in prayer for these kids and the relationships we will build. I ask for them to see the love of Christ shining forth through me as well as the other members of our team. I pray that God would be softening their hearts and allow them to open up in discussion and be honest with themselves as they grapple with the truth.

Specifically for me, I ask for prayer that God will use the things I have learned and grown in this year in Wilmington to serve the students and church in Vsetin. As this will be the third time helping with English camps, please pray that I would not be complacent or proud in a familiar setting, but rather a passionate servant. Finally, I ask that God will use the next month and a half to fill me up and refresh my spirit for this opportunity as well as for whatever ministry looks like this fall in PT school, that I may serve Him fully and in a manner worthy of the Gospel.
I also ask for prayer for the logistics of the trip: for safe travel and good health, for the details of camp to fall into place, for our Czech teammates working so hard to organize the camp and get the kids there, for servant hearts for our American team, and finally for finances. I have seen God provide supernaturally for this trip the past two years as well as for me this year in Wilmington, and I pray that we would trust He will do the same this year as we seek Him.

My hope in sending out these letters is to raise up an army of people praying for us this summer as we prepare and go over seas. If you feel led to contribute financially to my trip, you can contact me by e-mail.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions at L.Cameron.Taylor@gmail.com. Thank you in advance for your prayer support in reaching central Europe. I am so excited and honored to have this opportunity once again and would love for you to be apart of our mission in the Czech Republic.
In Him,
Cameron Taylor

No comments: