
This was most of our crew last Sunday afternoon. Wanted you guys to catch a glimpse of what you have been praying for and what God has been doing. We had subs and played games in the park all afternoon. A great afternoon reminiscent of long summer days in Colorado. Justin even brought his slack line and introduced the flat landers to that balancing act. I think they enjoyed it.
Amidst it all, I found such joy in connecting with these students by doing things with them. Pure and simple playing on a playground helped me connect better than any length of conversation could have taken me. Not that conversations are bad, but now I feel like I have an open door for deeper more meaningful conversations with these girls.
That is our biggest prayer at this point. We have developed relationships, and now, we need to take them deeper. We need more purposeful time where we can open up to one another and really start running beside one another. It is happening slowly through hanging out and even more so in Bible studies, but we are kind of at a transition where I feel like it's now or never. Also, just coming from a group that was so close to one another, I am really eager and longing for those types of relationships to build ever so quickly here.
Bible studies have been SWEET! Just getting to dive into the Word has been so refreshing for me. Challenging planning and leading them as well! I have gotten a little frustrated. Studying God's Word is what really lights me on fire... I just love studying it and learning more about the character of God as it molds and transforms and humbles me. So, I go in ready to dive deep and get these girls set on fire, and it just doesn't take sometimes. Like, who cares about the stupid science test, this is God! Christ Jesus who died in your place and He did this thousands of years ago and had you in mind. He's planned everything and has you securely in the palm of His hand...Don't worry! It doesn't add a second to your life. God is sovereign, just, merciful, and loving all at the same time as He thinks of us, mere man. So, I guess just not having that attitude reciprocated is a bit frustrating, but I am trusting that God is using it. I can't change their hearts... only God can do that, so just loving Jesus and loving others and the rest is up to Him. I was also right in their shoes and know it takes time and the working of the Spirit.
Once again just asking for guy leaders in our ministry as well. Lucas is leaving in two weeks and I'm a little concerned as far as leadership goes. With girls, I feel like we'll be okay, but as far as the whole ministry, it'll be a lot harder to put the rubber to the pavement and go with some of this stuff.
Pray for Rolie and Rachel, two non-believers who have really plugged into our group. We have shared the gospel with them and both are not sure where they stand at this point. Pray for wisdom as we love on them and encourage them.
Love you guys and miss you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo incredibly much. But God is good and meets us each exactly where we are at.
Cam
1 Peter 1:3-9
No comments:
Post a Comment