Tuesday, February 23, 2010

"What I was made for"

Here we are 10 days out :D I have had some amazingly encouraging conversations over the past week and am so excited for spring break! It has seemed so distant, and I've almost felt like other people were more excited about than me at times :) Today though, as my mind drifted off from studying for our next exam tomorrow, I began to think about my time in Nicaragua and what I actually get to do for a week in the middle of this semester. Today was the first time I have thought about it without also thinking about all the details, the logistics, what I need to do to prepare, how much support we have... and something inside of me just delighted :) To use this stuff I've been learning that seems to pointless some days to point people to Christ. WHAT?! YES!!!!! That's what it's about. I don't even know what to say, it's just so amazing to me right now! So simple and incredible.
Over the past year, amidst serving in the church, working, school, etc., God has blessed me with moments, moments where I have seen Him working so clearly, I have seen His love and purpose at work so clearly through me and in others that I am moved to tears (and I'm not one usually moved to tears). I have looked back on each of these instances that have resonated with me so deeply, and my only response has been..."this... this is what I was made for."
I was reminded in conversation last week of this calling, this reason for living. Today was a "this is what I was made for" moment as I pondered spring break, and it makes the next few weeks seem like nothing because it's all for a greater purpose, something so much bigger than me, my grades, my comforts, etc. But for Christ and His Name to be proclaimed, worshipped, praised. So amidst school, amidst the absolute chaos that is the next week and a half, amidst the stress of graduate level coursework (especially exams you don't know about :), amidst it all... it's worth it for those moments, those indescribable, exciting, nothing-else-matters times of being faithful and obedient when you feel you're in the desert and seeing God show up and move, knowing it's nothing I can boast about but only to be in awe that God allowed me to be apart of it. That's why I am here.
Acts 20:24
And for the detail people :) I haven't received final numbers on support stuff yet. We still haven't gotten together as a team of students from UF, but God is good and faithful, so here we go :)

No comments: