Yea, sometimes ... sometimes I want to spend hours talking with girlfriends about silly things, to have my hair and clothes look cute and stylish all the time and have the latest whatever, to go out on dates, to have horses and event and show every weekend, to be comfortable and safe, to see the world...
BUT I want other things more, *all the time* my heart leaps at the thought of them - to be spiritually and emotionally filled every day. I want to be loved and cuddled by a hundred children, "neck hugged" by hundreds more patients, shoulders wet with tears, knees worn from prayer and to never go a day without laughing. I want to wake up to a rooster's crow and open my eyes to lush green trees that seem to pulse with life against a piercing blue sky in [place TBD].
I want to be challenged endlessly. I want to be taught by those I teach, and I want to share God's love with people who might not otherwise know it.
I want to work so hard that end every day filthy and too tired to move.
I want to make some kind of a difference, no matter how small, and I want to follow the calling God has placed on my heart no matter the cost.
I want to give my life away, to serve the Lord with each breath no matter what others think or expect.
At the end of the day, no matter how hard, I want not the American dream, but to serve among the least of these... the orphans, the broken, and the tired, to seek justice for those who cannot speak for themselves wherever God calls me, both here and abroad.
*Called to life, not to comfort*
(Adapted from the back cover of Kisses from Katie, missionary to Uganda)
For those moments where my soul sings: This, *this* is what you were made for.
No comments:
Post a Comment