Wednesday, July 8, 2009

1 week and counting!

1 week from today I will be somewhere over the Atlantic on my way to the Czech Republic!!!! Beyond excited as I prepare for English classes and camp activities and pray expectantly for how God will use our time there and my relationship with the students once again.
On that note, a special encouragement came tonight as I spoke with one of our campers from last year who doesn't know the Lord. She won't be at camp this year, but she said it was "a unique experience, really for [her]" last year. She had a hard time discussing it in English, but said there was something about that time, it was relaxed, awesome, different somehow. She then encouraged me saying a big part of it for her was my enthusiasm (which was definitely the Spirit through me). I really hope I get an opportunity to see her while I'm in Vsetin and with the help of a translator (or the gift of tongues) can better explain to her that those things are of the Lord and a true relationship with Christ, He places His Spirit and that joy within us as believers, and that Buddhism and the social justice activities she participates in will not satisfy her or give her that. Pray God uses the joyful spirit He's given me once again this year to soften and change the hearts of these students.
God is so good. I'm so excited to work with this team, both American and Czech, and to work with youth group aged kids once again!! woohoo! Getting up early and staying up late (or not going to bed at all) playing games, sports, and loving on these students half way around the world...24/7 going with one purpose because that's what He's called us to.
A good reminder amidst the chaos of packing and working through all the little details of the trip :)

No comments: