Friday, July 31, 2009

Abiding

Can I even begin to describe to you the amazing steadfast and everlasting love that God bestows on me?
Today was such an encouragement. Tough morning, but neat spending time with hanna planning my trip to praha and getting ready for camp, and then helping her make lunch. Chatted with Tatum a bit on FB... huge encouragement and answer to prayer. After lunch, had a chance to spend a few hours with the Alferdeens, especially Mindy. Wow! So encouraging. We biked around town, saw her flat, walked to the post office, then had a snack and just chatted. Neat just hearing and seeing more of the everyday life in Vsetin and hearing their process of how God sent them here.
Then a final meeting before camp. Really encouraged by Brad and Lucie, and then got to talk and hear a brief version of their story on the walk home. Excited to talk with Lucie more this week and get to know them.
Then home to have an in depth discussion on Czech versus American health care and insurance with Ondrej. Fascinating! :) So interesting especially in light of all the recent stuff in the US.
Although, I kind of freaked out when i realized a week from Wednesday, I move to Florida... what??!! why do i do this to myself? :-P
A lot of questions today and curiousities. What does this all mean? One step at a time though, just trusting, hoping and abiding, knowing He will light my path... I can plan and dream all I want, but His purposes will prevail. For now, PT school as far as I know.
Thanks for the prayers. There is still an everpresent ache, but a joy and peace beyond understanding has settled tonight as I get ready for some good sleep before the insanity of camp again... although I still might cry when I pull up to that hotel again.

No comments: