24 hours and I will be well on my way to Nicaragua. I was talking to someone this morning on the way to class about flying out and when we got there and when I'd meet my team, etc... when I realized I will be in Nicaragua tomorrow night! I think it almost seems further away now than it ever has, but anyways...
My final note on here/ final prayer request as I pack up and before I leave (highly doubt there will be any internet activity while I'm there, so you'll have to wait til I get back and then I'm sure I'll have lots of phone dates :) is that I would become less as Christ becomes more this week. It's been kind of a crazy week of ups and downs, stress, pride, excitement, fear, disappointment, adn I just pray that those would fade away into a peace and joy beyond worldly circumstances and I could focus on what God has called me to do in this short week.
I read I Corinthians 12 & 13 this week, about gifts and the gift of love. Never have I gone into a trip feeling quite so inadequate and "un-gifted". I have no idea what to expect, feel like I have absolutely nothing I can offer as a first year PT student, and yet it is in exactly that spot that God tends to use our weaknesses to display His glory, so I pray that is the case this week and I wouldn't get in the way. I also pray that this is a unique opportunity in that I really don't know anything, so I can't get too caught up in the medical part of the trip and hopefully as I learn will have opportunities just to love people and share the love of Christ with each person I interact with. There will be many opportunities to be in the community working with local churches as well as putting on a VBS. For humility and love for these people, for strength and endurance, faith and obedience.
2 Corinthians 4:7-9
Revelation 15:3-4
Acts 20:24
Hebrews 12:1-3
No comments:
Post a Comment