No matter what country or part of the world you are in, some things never change... including kids between the ages of 13 and 15 :) And although they frustrate me at times, I can't help but love them. I wish there was some way to just impart wisdom into them, but it's fun watching them learn day by day... even just in this short week at camp.
This is a younger camp, so they know less English, but I know many of htem from 2 years ago, so that has been a really neat opportunity to continue those relationships. Still hard. I was on the verge of tears for the first day and half as every turn was a reminder of hte previous camp, but it's been much better as I get to know htem and the team here. It is hard being the only American, but really neat at hte same time and really learning to serve before an audience of One. Really stretching emotionally and spiritually as I have to trust in God alone each and every moment. woot. Have felt really loved by both the campers and the team though. God is good all the time!
We also have quite a few kids at this camp who may claim to be Christians or who have prayed with a leader in the past, but there's no change in their lives, so a new challenge to challenge those kids while sharing with the rest.
Pray for Hanicka, Leny, Hanicka, and Lucie especially. Each of them, I've been able to connect with at some level this week or build on a relationship from the past. Pray God would use those relationships to show them Himself... that any decision they make would be because of Him, and not to impress friends or me as their leader and the crazy American. That they would think about these things and not just pass them off... that a seed of some sort would be planted or watered on fertile soil even if we are not to see fruit this week. Pray that they will get involved with the clubs offered throughout the year after camp is over with the leaders from camp and the Majak church.
It's been a wild week with forest games, silly food eating contests, and many other typical camp things. Tomorrow we will go on a hike all day. Pretty excited about that, but not the fact that the day after that, I leave for Prague.
Oh, the Colorado team finally made it back after what sounds like flight cancellation nightmares and 2 days of trying to get home, and still not having luggage :( Pray that doesn't happen for me!!
AND, according to the leaders this week, we've had another girl from the first camp accept Christ!!! Her younger sister is with us this week, so yea... exciting!!!!
So encouraged.
I Corinthians 1:18-25 ~ the theme of this trip!
1 comment:
Hey Cam,
Stay the course, we are so proud of your strength and direction. The spirit will guide the ones that He has plans for. You are his tool to guide them in the right way. Know you will not want to leave but we need you too! Pray that you will have a good trip home.
Love,
Dad
Post a Comment