The following is my support letter with prayer requests...
Dear Friends,
I hope this letter finds you doing well once again. I am officially a college graduate and alumni of Colorado State University! I graduated with a degree in equine science and am taking some time off before applying to physical therapy school. I do not know exactly what is in store for this year and right now am taking some time to enjoy the Rockies and learn more about my Savior without the hindrance of school.
I am still very involved with Mountain View Community Church as a member of the college group, and I have also had the opportunity to help with the youth group as a result of God’s working through my time last year in the Czech Republic. Many of you know I went to the Czech Republic last summer with Mountain View to teach English and share the gospel with middle and high school students. I will be returning to the Czech Republic this summer from July 13th through 30th.
I am really excited to have the opportunity to be apart of the English Camps once again this year. I have included a flier explaining English Camps. Mountain View has partnered with Lighthouse Church in Vsetin, Czech Republic. Two of the ways they reach out into their community is through sports camps and through teaching English. Every summer, they host week long English camps for middle and high schoolers and bring native speakers to help teach. Each night, we do a spiritual program that builds throughout the week and culminates in a gospel presentation on the last night.
This year we will only be there for two weeks and helping with one camp. However, it will be the high school camp again; I felt like the most meaningful relationships were developed at this camp and have already spoken with several campers who are returning and very excited to see us again. I will once again be in charge of an English class. This small group of people I will spend three hours per day in English class with, in addition to about two hours of discussion on the spiritual lessons of the day. I ask for you to be in prayer for these kids and the relationships we will build. I ask for them to see the love of Christ shining forth through me as well as the four other members of our team. I pray that God would be softening their hearts and allow them to open up in discussion and be honest with themselves as they grapple with the truth. Please pray specifically for Lucy, a girl in my English class last year who is not a believer. She showed a lot of interest as the week progressed, but was not ready to make a decision for Christ as of last summer. Pray that she would not hesitate this summer and would embrace Christ as her Savior.
I ask for prayer for my heart this year. Last year, God moved abundantly through me because I had no idea what to expect and could only trust in Him. I pray that this year I would not be tempted to take the reins and would allow the Spirit to move through me. Pray for strength and endurance and an urgency for sharing Christ to the people of the most atheistic country in Europe. Please pray for spiritual growth and that God would use this time to prepare me for what He has in store for this fall.
I also ask for prayer for the logistics of the trip: for safe travel and good health, for the details of camp to fall into place, for our Czech teammates working so hard to organize the camp and get the kids there, for servant hearts for our American team, and finally for finances. I saw God supernaturally provide support last year, and I pray that we would trust He will do the same this year as we seek Him.
My hope in sending out these letters is to raise up an army of people praying for us this summer as we prepare and go over seas.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions at L.Cameron.Taylor@gmail.com or 803-760-8950. Thank you in advance for your prayer support in reaching central Europe. I am so excited and honored to have this opportunity once again and would love for you to be apart of our mission in the Czech Republic.
In Him,
Cameron Taylor
However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.
Acts 20:24
No comments:
Post a Comment